Celebrating her 30th anniversary, Maki Nomiya will be releasing her self-cover album including songs from Pizzicato Five, Portable Rock, and her solo career, added with a brand new song “The Me Whom I Don’t Know” produced by Towa Tei. Other producers in the album features various prominent artists including Cornelius, Yukihiro Takahashi (YMO), MIYAVI, and many more.
This album “30 ‾Greatest Self Covers & More!!!‾” will be available worldwide through iTunes and Amazon on February 17, 2012.
1. History of Miss.Maki/ Produced by REKISHI
2. The Night Is Still Young / Produced by DJ FUMIYA (RIP SLYME)
3. The Me Whom I Don’t Know / Produced by TOWA TEI
4. Baby Portable Rock / Produced by HYADAIN
5. Superstar / Produced by MIYAVI
6. Sweet Soul Revue / Produced by DAISHI DANCE
7. Magic Carpet Ride / Produced by CORNELIUS
8. Twiggy Twiggy / Produced by □□□ (Kuchiroro)
9. They All Laughed / Produced by Yukihiro Takahashi
10. Me And A Rabbit / Produced by Keiichi Suzuki & Keiichi Sokabe
11. Triste / Produced by ohashiTrio
12. A Message Song / Produced by Hideki Kaji
13. On The Sunny Side Of The Street / Produced by YOUR SONG IS GOOD
14. Ambition Of Miss.Maki / Produced by Rekishi
15. Sweet Renaissance / Performed by Portable Rock
*Countries available in: USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Peru
I’m really happy that this year, 2012, marks the 30th anniversary of my debut. Persistence pays off, and I received a very special gift commemorating the occasion–the upcoming 30th anniversary album “30”.
On this album, I sang songs from my debut album “Pink Heart” as well as Pizzicato Five tunes, and also a brand-new track. They are new, creative arrangements of songs I have sung over the years. Many of the artists who contributed I worked with for the first time, and the recording was a truly refreshing experience. My sincerest appreciation goes to all the artists who created the new brilliant arrangements.
And I re-realized that the songs I have been singing were very beautiful. Beautiful songs never fade no matter how many years pass, and never lose their shine regardless of the craftsman. I am so fortunate to be able to sing these special songs again. It’s like the “Me then” came to visit the “Me now,” and it was a remarkable and emotional experience.
I hope this album reaches each and every one of your hearts.
Maki NomiyaOfficial Website – http://www.missmakinomiya.com/
30th Official Website – http://www.nomiyamaki.com/
Official Blog – http://fatale.honeyee.com/blog/mnomiya/